How do I make cold brew?
Making cold-brewed coffee is simply brewing coffee in cold water. When you are brewing coffee with cold (or room temperature water) you will have to steep the coffee for a long time in order to for it to brew to full strength.
What you will need
- a 32oz jar or pitcher
- a large filter bag
- 1200 grams / 5.25 cups of water
- 170 grams / 6 oz of ground coffee
- grind coffee to a size that is slightly larger than for your drip coffee machine
- fill a large teabag or muslin pouch with ground coffee and tie the top tight
- add the filter bag to the jar
- pour water into the jar
- stir or gently shake the contents of the jar to fully soak the filter bag in water.
- put in a cool dark place for 16 hours
- after 16 hours, lift the filter bag and let the last bit of liquid drip out of it
- remove the filter bag and discard
- pour the contents of your jar over ice and add milk or water to taste
- store your cold brew in the refrigerator
We also make a Kit here: https://driftaway.coffee/coldbrew/
which provides you with coffee pre-ground for cold brew in a filter bag that you only need to put in a Jar and add water to steep overnight. There is also an instruction card that comes with this kit which guides you through the process step-by-step.